Why Self Care in the Summertime is so important
We get it, summer is full of possibilities. The sun is shining and well we’ve been in lockdown for what feels like a lifetime. From cottages to camping, to days at the beach it feels like theres just not enough time to squeeze it ALL in. Its easy to loose sight of our own self care needs.
Heres what we’ve learned:
- Start with 15 mins. Whatever self care practice you’re missing whether its going to bed earlier / waking up earlier, sitting down to read a book, drawing, picking up the guitar. Start small before adding more to your to do list.
- If it feels heavy don’t do it! The last thing you need is Self Care to feel like another chore, ugh, kinda defeats the purpose doesn’t it? Ask yourself when you make time for something does this feel “light” or “heavy”
- Go on a date with yourself! Schedule your Self Care time in your calendar, I get it we said don’t add more to your to do list, but if you treat time with yourself like you would with a friend than you may be less apt to cancel. You wouldn’t cancel last minute on your friend or not show up for an important appointment would you? So don’t cancel time with yourself either!
- Have Fun!! Find the joy in giving back to yourself
Some questions to leave you with:
- What does self care look like for you? Is it more time in nature, picking up that book on your never ending reading list, or getting back to your yoga practice?
- What is your “why” behind each self care act? To feel more relaxed, to show up for your family, to be a better version of yourself, ALL OF THE ABOVE?
Don’t wait til September or the new year, start now, cause you’re worth it!
- Published in Blog posts
It’s a juggling act trying to wear all the hats that comes with running a business: yoga teacher, entrepreneur, community leader, manager, accountant, maintenance (yours truly gets to shovel the snow on those winter days), confidant, friend, partner, daughter and of course dog mom 🐶
When I’m not teaching you can find me writing emails at 4 am (sorry in advance I make sure to schedule them for 8am 🙈), my brain is constantly going with new ideas while trying to stay in survival mode during these times.
I’m grateful for my team of 8 beautiful souls for all their dedication to our community, without them we wouldn’t be able to bring you the variety of classes on the schedule and keeping serving mental health and wellness in Simcoe County🥰
Thank you Becca, Cindi, Michelle, Erica, Regan, Jenna, Chelsea, and Giselle for your dedication and kindness. Thank you for being my earth angels 👼 thank you for showing up for this community
- Published in Blog posts